DPR: Third Quarter Homeownership Program Index
Posted by Chris Peterson on Wednesday, September 17, 2014 at 9:25 AM
From Down Payment Resource:
As a valued partner, we wanted you to be the first to see the results from our third quarter Homeownership Program Index.
Today’s homebuyers have access to more than 2,100 homeownership programs, 91 percent are funded
Down Payment Resource™ released its third quarter 2014 Homeownership Program Index which measures the availability of valuable homebuyer programs administered by state and local Housing Finance Agencies (HFAs), nonprofits, and other housing organizations. The index analyzes state, local and national programs found in DPR’s databank.
Key findings from the third quarter index:
- 2,191 total programs available
- 1,135 program administrators
- 91.7% of programs are funded – up from 90% from June
- 39% do NOT have a first-time homebuyer requirement
- 17% allow owner-occupied multifamily properties
- 25% are available state-wide
- Majority of programs are Community Seconds — providing down payment and closing cost assistance
You can find all the details, including a link to our press release and state-by-state data on our blog.
We also invite you and your members to join us for a live webcast to review the findings.
Live webcast: Thursday, September 18 at 2 p.m. Eastern
DPR President and CEO Rob Chrane will host a live webcast to review and discuss the third quarter index findings. Register to attend.